Here is my monthly update covering a large part of what I have been doing in the free software world (previously):
- Did further significant work on a beta/stealth healthcare project released under a free-software license.
- Added support to the Reddit Enhancement Suite to avoid potential double-posting on CTRL+Enter. (#2537)
- Added the ability to specify the Vault password from the environment in Ansible. (#13206)
- Submitted a proof-of-concept patch to Django to workaround the latest release shipping invalid .py files that are used as templates. (#5735)
- Wrote django-template-tests, a tool to perform static analysis on Django templates prior to production. (code)
- Fixed a long-standing attachment encoding issue and added a "subjects" command to my tickle-me-email GTD email toolbox.
- Corrected the output of a template subsystem deprecation warning in Django. (#5681)
- Added Django 1.9 support to django-setuptest. (#26)
- Packaged django-switch-templatetag to avoid embedding this functionality in a number of projects of mine. (code)
- Corrected the exit semantics of blockfinder's testsuite. (#89)
- Corrected the queue documentation and worked with Bastian Hoyer to merge Python 3 support into django-slack. (#12)
- Added Python 3 support to django-auto-one-to-one. (diff)
- Adjusted first-commit.com's regex to be more lenient. (#3)
- Worked with @freeyoung to merge support for an improved config file format into dns-filter. (#4)
- Added audiobook support to my personal music library.
- Moved my TP-Link TR-ML3020 router to OpenWRT and started to configure it using Ansible, without requiring Python to be installed on the target device. (code)
- Presented at MiniDebConf Cambridge 2015 on the current status of Debian's Reproducible Builds effort.
- Contributed initial Debian support to Red Hat Product Security's repository of certificates shipped by various vendors and Open Source Projects. (#1)
- Wrote a proof-of-concept version of Guix's challenge command to determine if an installed binary package is reproducible or not. (code)
- Started initial work on a b2evolution package.
- Arranged logistics for the Reproducible Builds summit in Athens.
This month I have been paid to work 13 hours on Debian Long Term Support (LTS). In that time I did the following:
- redis — Addressing CVE-2015-8080, a buffer-overflow security issue.
- python-django — Uploading the latest RC release to experimental.
- strip-nondeterminism — Disable stripping Mono binaries as it is was too aggressive preventing some package installs.
- gunicorn — Correct Python interpreter path references in gunicorn3-debian.
- python-redis — New upstream release.
- ispell-lt — Making the build reproducible.
- dh-python: Pass --force to setup.py install to avoid non-determinstic shebangs and dependencies. Worth a read.
- cython: Please make the generated output reproducible
- haskell-devscripts: Should refuse to create an empty documentation packages
- debootstrap: Remove duplicate keep_debootstrap_dir definition
- gettext: Please respect SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH when generating changelog entries
- python-setuptools: Make the generated requires.txt files reproducible
- haskell-devscripts: Don't print a warning if there are no -doc package Recommends
- haskell-devscripts: Print status messages when generating Haddock documentation
- rasdaemon: Missing Build-Depends on dh-autoreconf
- retweet: Missing Build-Depends on python3-setuptools
I also filed FTBFS bugs against apt-listdifferences, beanbag, billiard, cached-property, celery-haystack, chessx, coturn, coyote, csoundqt, datanommer.models, django-auth-ldap, django-celery-transactions, django-classy-tags, django-compat, django-countries, django-floppyforms, django-localflavor, django-markupfield, django-model-utils, django-oauth-toolkit, django-openid-auth, django-picklefield, django-polymorphic, django-ratelimit, django-reversion, django-sekizai, django-simple-captcha, django-tables, djangorestframework-gis, factory-boy, gitinspector, golang-testify, gurgitate-mail, haproxy, harvid, kamailio, klatexformula, kombu, kytea, libcatmandu-marc-perl, libdatetime-incomplete-perl, libhtml-calendarmonth-perl, libmath-bigint-gmp-perl, libpodofo, libxml-rpc-fast-perl, lifeograph, mangler, mini-buildd, mpfit, percona-xtradb-cluster-galera-2.x, pion, python-biom-format, python-cligj, python-django-bootstrap-form, python-django-contact-form, python-django-extensions, python-halberd, python-jingo, python-jmespath, python-libpcap, python-memory-profiler, python-passlib, python-restless, python-rsa, python-zipstream, r-bioc-variantannotation, reconserver, ruby-state-machines, ruby-state-machines, ruby-virtus, sigx, sorl-thumbnail, subtitleeditor, texmaker, tweepy, visualboyadvance, webissues, xfe & zeroinstall-injector.
You can subscribe to new posts via email or RSS.